Monday, 12 January 2009

2009 ambitions and soon-to-be-broken resolutions.

Lets establish one thing immediately.

This is meant to be an almost completely selfish exercise.

Other people are not meant to play a significant role in it. And not that I really think for one moment that anybody else will read this. Or even be remotely interested in my inane ramblings should they happen to chance upon it.

The purpose of this is to put into print my admittedly not lofty ambitions for 2009. I believe that I will be additionally inspired to achieve if I will face the shame of public (at least in theory) failure and subsequent general humiliation.

Freud would have a field day wouldn't he?

O.K. Here they are:

1. To start a blog (1/1 so far)

2. To learn to play at least one tune recognisably on the mouth organ.

3. Lose a stone or reach 12.5 stone (whichever is the greater).

4. £20000 profit from all poker activities.

It looks so much more frightening in print.

But that's the general idea.

Current position:

1. Mission accomplished.

2. Never played mouth organ but always fancied it.

3. Need to get weighed but suspect 13/14 stone.

4. Good start to year as £1450 up so far in Jan.

Bat on driver!






No comments:

Post a Comment